Grievance Redressal

Procedure for representing Railway Pensioner’s Grievances

The retired railway personnel should address regarding his representation on pension
matters to the controlling office from which he retired. In case of non redressal of his
complaint he/she should address concerned GM (P) of his/her Railway. In case of non redressal,
he/she should approach Pension Adalat of the Area which is scheduled to be held twice
every year; (i.e. In June & December).

In case of dissatisfaction the matter can be
addressed 1st to Executive Director (PG), Railway Board, Room No.471, IVth Floor, Rail
Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001, Tel. No.23386203 and then to Ministry of Personnel/Public
grievances and Pensions. Dept. of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare, Room No. 320, IIIrd Floor,
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi 110003, Tel. No. 24624802 (O) Public grievances
concerning Public Sector Banks, LIC, Post Offices, Railways P&T Deptt. can be addressed to
Cabinet Secretariat (Public Grievances), 2nd Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001 (Ph. 2336 4875, Fax : 2338 8430).


1. If you have any grievance in pension matters you may take it up with your Head
of Office, the pension sanctioning authority or the pension disbursing authority,
as the case may be.
2. If considered necessary, you may also approach the Department of Pension and
Pensioners Welfare, Lok Nayak Bhawan (3rd Floor), Khan Market, New Delhi-110003,
which is the nodal Department for looking into the grievances and problems
of pensioners or Secretary (PG), Directorate of Public Grievances, Cabinet
Secretariat, Sardar Patel Bhawan, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001.
3. For prompt attention, all your correspondence should contain the following
essential details, so that past records can be easily linked,

(a) Name
(b) Full address
(c) Office from which retired (name of the office may be indicated in full)
(d) Post held at the time of retirement (and scale of pay)
(e) If pension has been sanctioned , quantum may be specified.
(i) The particulars of Accounts Officer which issued the PPO.
(ii) The particulars of Pension Disbursing Authority.
(iii) PPO number / or a photocopy of the PPO.
(iv) Give reference of Representations/correspondence made with your
department so far & of the reply if any received (better attach Xerox
(v) Your representation in brief and short (in less than 4000 characters
or 150 to 200 words only)